Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sushi, Full Moon Party, & Farmers Market

On Friday night, after DT's Oktoberfest, John and I met up with our friends Jed, Jamile, and Brian for a celebratory dinner!  Not only were we celebrating John's and my engagement, but Jed had also closed on a house he was selling earlier that day!  We went to one of our favorite spots - Sushi Deli, and Jed even treated us to our meal, which was so sweet of him! :)  We really enjoyed seeing Jed, Jamile, and Brian, and it was great to catch up over delicious food.  I'm so bummed I forgot to take any pics, how sad, but you'll just have to envision how cute we all were while eating sushi together. =P
After dinner, John and I headed to the full moon party on Blacks Beach with our friends John and Heather.  I've written about the Full Moon Party in a previous post, but this one was huge!  There were so many people there!!   We think it was so crowded because it was a beautiful night for October (probably only about 65 degrees), clear sky, and the full moon fell on a Friday.  But there had to be over a thousand people there - it was insane.  Going to the full moon party is kind of like going to the circus - there's flame throwers, fire breathers, fire baton throwers, glow-in-the-dark hula hoopers, and a giant bonfire that people tribal-dance around.  Every time John and I go we are incredibly entertained and have a relaxing night chilling on the beach.  It's pretty much awesome.





Yesterday morning John and I went to the Little Italy farmers market, which was as fun as it always is!  This farmers market in particular is pretty stellar - there are fresh fruits and veggies, freshly cut flowers, organic and gluten free snacks, crafts, clothing, live music, artisan olive oils, etc.  You name it, and they probably have it.  We hadn't been in a while, but I recently decided to go Gluten Free (super unfortunate, I know, but my stomach had really been bothering me and since cutting out gluten I've been feeling fab!), and we were able to buy a bunch of great gluten free items.


Today has been a pretty chill day.  John and I got a bunch of errands done while waiting for my ring to be re-sized today (!!!)  We just got home from picking up my bling and now that it fits perfect, I am so pumped!  I keep staring at my hand - now that the diamond doesn't droop to either side, it sits so nice and sparkly right on my finger :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment